Thursday, January 6, 2011

But everybody thinks I'm weird

January 06, 2011
Cardigan: Avenue
Tank: Target
Skirt: Target
Tights: Walmart
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Scarf: Claire's
Bracelet: World Market


Another visit from the skirt that I never would have bought if not for the influence of fat fashionistas in the blog-o-sphere! And roller derby, which made me feel better about my body in general. So thanks, blog-o-sphere! And thanks, roller derby!

See, my legs are fat. The bulk of leg fat is in my thighs and starts at my knees. So anything I had to wear had to be knee length or longer, because I didn't like my fat knees. But my knees are going to be fat whether you see them or not. So why not wear a skirt that's a little shorter?

This outfit was inspired by a look I saw on Clothed Much when Elaine did her end of the year round-up. Of course I don't have a sweatshirt (I really don't) or lacy tights so I had to change it up a little bit, but the idea is to be inspired, not to copy.

I didn't tuck my scarf in like she did, either, because it has buttons on the fringe and I wanted to show that off. At the end of the day I think I should have, though, because my kindergarten kids kept coming up to me and grabbing and pulling my scarf.

My kiddos are super cute but this whole personal space issue is part of the reason why I prefer to work with older children.

January 06, 2011


I was a little noisy today, because of the jingly bracelet and the buttons clicking on the scarf. I love that the pattern is cute and a little sinister at the same time - the little stitched-together animals almost look like voodoo dolls. Eek!

Maybe that's the style niche I'm going for. Cute but creepy. I even picked a cute but creepy song to go with this post today.

This guy is my favorite:

January 06, 2011


♫: Kate Nash - Skeleton Song

5 comments:

  1. Roller Derby?! Now there's something I would love to get into c: just need to learn to skate first.... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit. I just love those tights! Brown and black are always so great together.

    Brooke
    http://prettypennymae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are cute but kind of creepy!! Fun pattern for a scarf! I'm glad you wore this skirt - you look great!

    Sarah at Classroom Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG we are pose twins! Hahaha!

    Really cute outfit. I haven't thought to check Wal-Mart for tights, but I'm definitely going to check first thing in February (I'm doing No Spend January so I can't buy anything for the rest of the month!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails