Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cause at night the sun in retreat, Made the skyline look like crooked teeth

December 04, 2010
Sweater: Merona by Target ($14 maybe? IDK)
Skirt: Pure Energy by Target, secondhand ($10?) - It has pockets and I have a pen in the pocket, can you tell? Heh.
Tights: Walmart ($6)
Shoes: Modcloth ($70)
Bracelet/Watch: Walmart ($5)
Owl Brooch: Needlings ($10)
Horseshoe necklace: gift from my momma :)


Today I went to a seminar put on by my alternative certification program on how to get hired as a teacher. I currently teach in elementary and middle schools, but not as a teacher of record. I have a curriculum that I follow and I have to know how to manage the classroom, but I don't get paid a lot or get a lot of respect from parents or other "real" teachers. I'm hoping to have my own classroom by next year!

On the way home I stopped at Wendy's to get lunch (and try their new fries, which taste a bit like fries you get from Penn Station but not as good) and one of the guys working there commented on my hair, then asked me about my ethnicity.

Guys, I hate this. I never know what to say, because I don't want to be rude, but at the same time I feel like it is a very personal question that nobody has any business asking. What difference does it make? I don't go around asking people what their ethnicity is!

Anyway, this was a bit of a daring outfit for me with mixing brown and grey and black. I had a totally different sweater picked out to go with the skirt, but it has a big houndstooth pattern and I'm scared to wear it.

What worked: I was very comfortable and yet still more professionally dressed than a number of the other people at the seminar. This skirt is shorter than I would normally wear but I was ok with it.

What didn't: I think the sweater is a little boring and I have trouble thinking of necklaces to go with this kind of neckline. I need more collarbone-length statement necklaces. Also I tried my Luvees under the skirt, and while I didn't have any painful chub rub issues, they did keep riding up as my thighs rubbed together and I had to adjust them a few times.

♫: Death Cab for Cutie - Crooked Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails