Thursday, November 11, 2010

I hated you, I loved you too

November 11 2010
Cardigan: Avenue ($20)
Shirt: Old Navy ($5)
Skirt: Target ($5)
Tights: We Love Colors ($15)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters ($50)
Necklace: Ich Bin on Etsy ($7)
Bracelet: Target ($1)


I promise I've been wearing other things besides this sweater and these shoes, I just haven't been posting because I've been feeling particularly awful about myself and debating on whether or not this blog is even a good idea. On the days I don't plan an outfit I think is post-worthy, I usually fall back on the old uniform of ill-fitting khakis and a t-shirt, though, and the whole point of this is to try to get me to put more effort into my look.

When I was putting this together, I was literally thinking to myself, "What would a nerd wear?" This kind of easy skirt and tee outfit reminds me very much of Tania, though I don't think she would go for these colors (and the only reason I bought the skirt in the first place was because of a post eons ago about building a wardrobe at academichic). The shirt is kind of a weird length and the skirt has a weird top, so belting it just didn't look right. In the end I just let it go and threw the sweater on over it, not feeling so great about it overall.

Plus these tights, my "good" tights, started bagging, and the chub rub was awful. I know a lot of bloggers who sing the praises of We Love Colors, but I haven't been having a good experience with their products

When I got to work, though, one of my co-workers said she loved my style! She said I'm kind of "girly-punk," and one of my other co-workers added, "sort of boho." I didn't know I really was showing any kind of style!

I guess I should keep the blog after all.

♫: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love the skirt.

    About the tights, I always have that problem, too. A friend of mine told me that she always wears bike shorts over tights when she wears them and that's how she prevents the bagging and inevitable chub rub. I don't have any tights right now so I haven't tried it yet, but maybe it would help you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails