Sunday, January 2, 2011

I hold a cornucopia and a golden crown

January 02, 2011
Top: Fashion Bug, old
Pants: Venezia for Lane Bryant, thrifted
Necklace: Gift

Point of fashion: Woohoo! Socks! :)


I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season, no matter what you celebrate. This year I flew back to Ohio to see my family for the holidays. I enjoyed re-connecting with my mother and my stepfather and my extended family, including my cousin's new baby.

I didn't get a lot, but I got what I asked for. And anyway, the important thing is giving, not receiving, and I got my mother a really cool gift: the "Thank You, Mood" shirt from Mood Fabrics, modeled here by Michael C. from the last season of Project Runway.



My mom and I both have been watching PR since it started (ANTM, too), and I knew she'd like it. I also got a Top Chef cookbook for her and my stepdad.

Part of the reason I like going home is because my parents decorate like crazy! I don't know what it is, but all the roommates I've had never decorate for any holiday. I guess they figure they're going to go somewhere else for the holiday anyway, so why go through the trouble of junking up the house? But I love holiday decorations; I think they add a lot of festive spirit and help mark the change in the seasons so that every day isn't the same thing in and out. This is especially true in Texas, where the seasons mostly seem to vary between "Warm," "Hot" and "Rainy."

christmas

christmas3

christmas4

christmas2


♫: Fleet Foxes - Meadowlarks

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails