Monday, June 21, 2010

A whole new town, with a whole new way

shirt: Paris Blues, from Ross
pants: Dockers, from Marshall's
watch: Target
necklace: Claire's
shoes: Xhiliration by Target, thrifted


I am currently enrolled in an alternative teacher certification program, and this is what I wore to one of my classes/seminars. Basically, because I already have a bachelor's degree, if I take some courses, do some observations and pass my content area exam (in my case, science), I can get certified to teach in public schools in Texas. The dress code is business casual so I, instead of wearing jeans and sneakers like some of my fellow wannabe-teachers, put this together.

I know that this outfit is not super-exciting but since I don't have a lot of clothes and a lot of money to buy new clothes and accessories, the early days of this blog are mostly going to be related to me wearing whatever I can wear that isn't sweatpants and a t-shirt! Also, keep in mind that it is REALLY FREAKING HOT in Texas right now, so whatever I wear has to serve the dual purpose of not making me sweat like a pig.

As I gradually increase my clothing collection, hopefully I'll be able to come up with more interesting outfits in the future... and buy a better camera, so I can take better outfit shots!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails